We are a non-profit, non-denominational Christian camp located in the beautiful BitterRoot Mountains of North Central Idaho. Our camp is nestled alongside the SouthFork of the Clearwater River. We are open year round offering a variety of retreats and camps as well as rentals. ALACCA exists to be a ministry partner to help local churches and other like-minded organizations develop disciples.
We exist to be a ministry partner to churches and other like-minded organizations to develop disciples.
Mrs. Ida Ferguson of Harpster (whose grandchildren attended camp) donated 21.7 acres of beautiful riverfront property for the purpose of building a Christian Camp. Negotiations started October of 1966, and the incorporation papers announcement of officers for the board of directors took place in November and were as follows: Carroll Johnson, president; Keith Hemple, vice president; Jim Englund, secretary; Tom Schuster, treasurer; and Wes Baker.
The incorporation is under the ALACCA (A Lighthouse And Christ Centered Always) Bible Conference Association of Lewiston and involved some 2,000 area people from 19 Sunday Schools and churches working together with the American Sunday School Union to build the camp. Treasurer, Tom Schuster set up a fund to receive faith promises of $1.00 per month from individuals to pay for the construction. The first item on the construction agenda was a bridge across the river, as at the time, the only existing structure was a swinging footbridge. Following the construction of the bridge came the building of the chapel, dining hall, and six dormitories.
Since 1983 many of the construction projects for the camp have been completed by teams from “RVICS”, Roving Volunteers in Christ’s Service and “MMAP”, Mobile Missionary Assistance Program. ALACCA has been blessed by and appreciates their combined talents and willingness to help.
There are still many projects and updates going on at camp. If you would like to be a part of the ongoing legacy of ALACCA, please contact us at email@example.com to find out how.
What We Believe
- The Bible, which is verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, and is inerrant in the original manuscripts, and is the infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- The triune Godhead in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The personality of Satan called the Devil and his present control over unregenerated mankind.
- The fall and lost estate of man, whose total depravity makes necessary the new birth.
- The deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, death, bodily resurrection, present exaltation at God’s right hand, and personal and imminent return.
- The atonement by the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and Savior.
- The resurrection of the saved unto everlasting life and blessedness in heaven and the resurrection of the unsaved unto everlasting punishment in hell.
- The church, the Body or Bride of Christ, consisting only of those who are born again, for whom He shall come again.
- Christ’s commission to the church to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every person.
- That salvation is the gift of God and is eternal in its duration.
- The Holy Spirit indwells the believer at the time of salvation.
- That marriage consists only of a man and a woman as established by God in Genesis.